Job title: Game Engine Developer
Hours: Full Time
At Play’n GO we enjoy a flexible freedom to shape our own days. Everyone we hire is unique and every role we fill has certain performance expectations. The day-to-day challenges of work and life will be unique to you but our commitment to helping you find a balance will never vary.
From the GO
At Play’n GO our purpose is to entertain. Our pleasure is in working with people ready to make a difference that lasts. We are pioneers. We were the first entertainment supplier to recognise the potential of gaming on the GO and create the innovative mobile games which supercharged our industry and inspired our name. Today, Play’n GO is the leading gaming entertainment supplier to casinos in regulated markets the world over. And we are still growing.
With growth comes opportunity. This could be yours. Are you ready to help us face challenges and find solutions that get us both to the next level of excellence?
What the role entails
- Write code that fulfils the quality standard of the company.
- Advocates and abides by Agile principles.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the quality in the product.
- Documents development work and provides daily reporting and communication of work done.
- Contributes to the squad by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Conducts problem analysis and drafts proposal for solution.
- Helps troubleshoot issues.
- Conducts code reviews.
- Conducts technical analysis.
- Conducts review of technical analysis.
- Contributes to the software architecture.
- Coaches and mentors other developers
For you, this is more than a Engine Developer role in game development. This is an opportunity to see your talent, experience, and best ideas developed with the quality expected of an international leader in gaming entertainment.
What we ask of you
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experienced with making games
- Great team player
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- Knowledgeable about different programming paradigms and architecture (ECS, MVC, Data Oriented Design, etc.)
- Experience with PIXI js library
- Experience with OpenGL/WebGL
- Knowledgeable about performance optimization in games is a plus.
- Experience working with animation tools (Animate CC, Spine)
- Experience with casino games or HTML5 games is a plus
What’s in it for you?
If you feel great, you’ll do great. Our employees know that their package of benefits, activities, and initiatives are some of the most generous in the industry. From challenges to chill outs, the fun we share at play helps inspire excellence from the go.
Apply now to find out more. It’s your best move. This opportunity will remain open until we meet the right candidate.
GO for it.
We believe the way forward relies on well-regulated gaming and player safety. Our commitment to this sets the standard for our industry.