Game Design Team Lead
The emphasis for a team lead is on supporting a group of designers, ensuring they have everything they need to perform their work to a high quality, and being able to act as a point-of-contact for that team.
Our approach focuses on indirect / servant leadership, as our designers have a high level of autonomy. The expectation is for you to support them in making good decisions, rather than making decisions for them.
A team lead has the following key accountabilities:
- Being the eyes and ears for the team - keeping a close eye on what is going on with the designers and being able to identify and communicate when an issue arises. The keywords here are “awareness” (of what is going on) and “communication” (when there is something that needs to be communicated to your team or to other teams).
- Being a 1st responder for the team - being able to step in and support the designers with any issues that come up. Ideally you can help them solve their own issue, or you can help escalate it to the relevant people, but your goal is to ensure issues are resolved.
- Promoting and driving best practices within teams - understand our best practices (from the goal / intention, through to the reasoning behind why we do things a specific way; they should know what is required and where there is flexibility) and be able to help ensure designers know what the priorities are / how best to include them in their workflows.
- Driving the long-term careers of designers - we use a series of tools to help us deliver targeted mentoring & training, and to motivate designers to grow and improve. The expectation is that a team lead is able to help drive / support designers with their goal(s) progress on a day-to-day basis.
- Solid understanding of game design as a discipline (theoretical, practical, team working, communication)
- Strong leadership skills, in particular with respect to leading teams of autonomous workers (being a service provider rather than a decision maker for your teams). This can be through prior experience or through demonstrable aptitude.
- Familiarity with casino & video slots games
- Proficiency in English.
*Covid-19 Update: Many of us are working from home now but interviewing and hiring are still urgent for us. We’re growing. Please note: Your Game Design Team Lead opportunity is based in the UK with remote flexibility and the option to relocate to one of our offices in London or Budapest when they reopen.
Read more at our TalentHub. Please note that the position will remain open until the right candidate crushes it.