Infrastructure Specialist Engineer
Engineering · Sliema, Malta, London, UK, Växjö, Sweden Flexible Remote
Play’n GO leads the global Gaming Entertainment industry with an unrivalled ability to play nice with others while supplying cutting-edge casino games and bespoke back-office solutions. Thanks to our ever-passionate creative and technical chops, we keep growing. Are you game?
We are looking for a Infrastructure Specialist Engineer to join our growing team in our London office
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the various processes on infrastructure environments on different operating systems and platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, Private Clouds and On-Prem).
• Be responsible for evaluating the business needs and produce various designs to achieve the assigned projects.
• Break down the projects into action points and milestones including follow-up.
• Provide systems expertise and drive operational best practices.
• Ensure cost-effective and efficient operations and measuring feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations.
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining performance system monitoring.
• Responsible for documentation, knowledge transfer and information sharing, both within the squad and with other relevant departments.
• Consult with colleagues throughout the organisation - Ensure that new applications and infrastructure are secure from the project initiation phase.
• Automation - Build automation processes and help drive the adoption of automated processes deployment practices in Azure and AWS.
• Contribute with infrastructure team (network, hardware, OS, database administration, security etc) competency.
• Provide escalated technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically.
• Manage third parties’ services such as Application consultants, software licences etc..
• Analyse and resolve infrastructure deficiencies and conduct testing to enhance performance.
• Conducts significant projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
• Provide technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other teams in the organization.
• Perform repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
• Experience in providing environments on different platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, Private Clouds and On-Prem).
• Experience with Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server, Azure Active Directory and Office 365).
• Monitor and maintain Microsoft Windows and Linux systems.
• Server installation, configuration and maintenance.
• Hands-on Experience with Networking, TCP/IP.
• Next Generation Firewalls Installation, Maintenance and Configuration.
• Design and Implementation with high availability.
• SSL certificate management.
• Perform proactive analysis of infrastructure capacity and performance.
• Perform system backup and recovery.
• Updates and creates new monitoring policies on threat and vulnerability event capture. Updates inventory of assets to help capture normal behaviour/activities within the company.
• Works to ensure security systems/appliances are functional and improved upon for pro-active cyber defence.
• Develop process automation.
• Understanding of complex information and requirements.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Always ready to help attitude.
Personal skills, behavior
• Driven and motivated team member.
• Strives to maintain a clear focus on delivering leading-edge technology.
• Excellent trouble-shooter with a creative mindset.
• Meticulous with an eye for details.
• Curious and inquisitive.
• Risk averse.
• Expertise in data centre management and data governance will be preferred.
• Experience with Security technologies (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Azure, Office 365 and AWS).
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
• Hands-on knowledge of container / container orchestration technology with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
• Background with CI/CD tools: Octopus, Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab, TeamCity.
• Scripting Proficiency in PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Perl or other.
Get in here. We need your mojo, your moxie and your beautiful mind. You were made to make a difference and you can do that here. You will be rewarded with challenges. You will thrive in secret and in collaboration. Together, we will amplify enthusiasm, add skillsets and exceed expectations. And quickly. This industry works fast. Are you game? Tell us about your superpowers.
Apply here: https://talenthub.playngo.com/ Please note that the position will remain open until the right candidate crushes it.