Data Infrastructure Specialist Engineer
You GO. You are Boss Cog. Without you, the wheels of commerce grind to a halt. You know that data is the lifeblood for making continuous improvements in every facet of business. So, you understand every facet of business. And you know specifically how your data infrastructure can help.
We need a masterful Data Infrastructure Specialist Engineer like you to help design, administer and monitor our world-class data platform. *
For you, this is more than a critical role for a remarkable engineer. This is a unique opportunity to help yourself, and a growing global brand, get to the next level of excellence.
- Overall responsible for the strategy, design, implementation, administration, and monitoring of the Data Platform which is based on the principles of a Data Mesh
- Responsible for the various automated processes on infrastructures environments on different operating systems and platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, Private Clouds and On-Prem)
- Evaluate the business needs and produce various designs to achieve the assigned project goals
- Break down the projects into action points and milestones including follow-up
- Provide systems expertise and drive operational best practice.
- Ensure cost-effective and efficient operations and measuring feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining system performance monitoring
- Responsible for documentation, knowledge transfer and information sharing, both within the squad and with other relevant departments
- Consult with colleagues throughout the organization - Ensure that new applications and infrastructure are secure from the project initiation phase
- Automation - Build automation processes and help drive the adoption of automated processes deployment practices (AWS, Azure, GCP, Private Clouds and On-Prem)
- Security - Build secure environments and help drive the adoption of secure configurations and deployment practices
- Contribute with infrastructure teams (network, hardware, OS, database administration, security, etc..) competency
- Provide escalated technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically
- Manage third parties’ services such as Application consultants, software licences, etc.
- Analyze and resolve infrastructure deficiencies and conduct testing to enhance performance
- Conducts significant projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects
- Provide technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other teams in the organization
- Perform repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance
- Experience in providing environments on different platforms (AWS, Azure, Private Clouds and On-Prem)
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server, Azure Active Directory and Office 365)
- Hands on Experience of streaming platforms like Kafka, Kinesis
- Advanced knowledge of SQL language and databases
- Data modelling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Infrastructure as code on cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Design and Implementation of solutions with high availability
- Monitor and maintain Microsoft Windows and Linux systems
- Server installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Hands-on Experience with Networking, TCP/IP
- Perform proactive analysis of infrastructure capacity and performance
- Perform system backup and recovery
- Works to ensure security systems/appliances are functional and improved upon for pro-active cyber defence
- Develop process automation
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Always ready to help attitude
- Hands on experience with services like AWS Glue, Lake Formation, S3
- Experience in big data technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Hands-on knowledge of container / container orchestration technology with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Background with various CI/CD tools like Octopus, Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab, TeamCity
- Scripting Proficiency in Python, PowerShell or other
Get in here. We need your mojo, your moxie, and your beautiful mind. You were made to make a difference and you can do that here. Play’n GO leads the global Gaming Entertainment industry with an unrivalled ability to play nice with others while supplying cutting-edge casino games and bespoke back-office solutions. Thanks to our ever-passionate creative and technical chops we keep growing because we deliver more. Together, we can amplify enthusiasm, add skillsets, and exceed expectations. Are you game? Tell us about your superpowers. And quickly. This industry works fast.
Apply here: https://talenthub.playngo.com/ Please note that the position will remain open until the right candidate crushes it.
*Remote Flexibility: Some of us are working from home now but interviewing and hiring are still urgent for us. We’re growing. Please note: Your Data Infrastructure Specialist Engineer opportunity is based in the UK with remote flexibility, some office visits and travel to be expected.
Read more at our TalentHub. Please note that the position will remain open until the right candidate crushes it.