About Play’n GO
Play’n GO leads the global Gaming Entertainment industry with an unrivalled ability to play nice with others while supplying cutting-edge casino games and bespoke back-office solutions. Thanks to our ever-passionate creative and technical chops, we keep growing. Are you game?
We are looking for a Team Lead for our Promotional Tools team to join our growing platform development organisation! The casino promotional tools are used by our customers to provide players with the absolute best gaming experience and a way to increase player engagement and to promote game play. The team is developing our Leaderboards-, Achievements, Free games- and Jackpot system build on modern cutting-edge technology.
We believe you are an experienced leader with a coaching leadership style who loves both technology and leading people! You have confidence in your own abilities and have an interest to develop well-functioning teams as well as building a creative and fun workplace.
About Play’n GO Sweden
Play’n GO Sweden is located at the top floor of the ICON building, Växjö, Sweden. We have been in operations since the beginning of Play’n GO and has grown from a small team to over 100+ people in the local office. With our new digital first concept it’s now a personal choice how and when to work from the office.
Task and responsibilities
The Team Lead is responsible for the team’s health, productivity, and continuous development of individuals in the team. Our platform development organization currently consists of 8 cross-functional teams with their own area of responsibility.
- Lead and inspire the team members by identifying each individual’s qualities, creating a healthy and creative work environment, in accordance with our methodology and company values.
- Ensuring team productivity is continuously improved by working with KPI’s for quality, productivity and stability.
- Manage and lead work on a daily basis, ensuring that team follows and executes the planned deliveries as efficiently as possible.
- Salary review, performance reviews as well as work environment management.
- Communicate and lead change.
Competence and experience
- Relevant IT education.
- 5+ years combined Development and People Management experience.
- Agile Methodologies and modern Engineering cultures.
- Able to communicate perfectly in both written and spoken Swedish and English.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Delegation skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience from DevOps culture.
- Experience from the gaming business.
- World-class working conditions and premises.
- Digital first concept with personal choice of where to work.
- Challenging projects in a dynamic team.
- Interesting products and systems build on modern cutting-edge technology.
- Continuous learning and self-development opportunities.
Current Role description:
- Experienced individual that manages and oversees the daily performance of the team.
- Manages team to ensure high performance by meeting/aligning business goals.
- Upholds and advocates the Company values and adherence to Company rules and regulations.
- Ensures team’s alignment to the Play'n GO culture.
- Communicates and leads change.
- Focuses the team on the effective execution of delivery and strategy.
- Ensures team’s compliance with processes and aligns activities.
- Regularly provides and receives open and constructive feedback on performance, behaviour and skills.
- Conducts performance reviews according to the company’s current policies and processes and in cooperation with Human Resources and Reporting Manager.
- Conducts salary reviews according to the company’s current policies and processes and in cooperation with Human Resources and Reporting Manager.
- Escalates employee issues to Human Resources.
- Drives recruitment activities for the team.
- Enhances team’s competence and skills through training plans.
- Travels domestically and/or internationally for business as needed.
- Encourages direct reports for self-development, mentoring them in both personally and professionally.
- Function as the escalation point for members within the team.
- Ensures standards, advocate best practices and promote innovation within the competence area.
- Be an advocate for agile principles and facilitates agile meetings such as daily stand up, retrospective and review meetings.
- Be an advocate for DevOps practices and work on continuous improvements in this area.
Leadership skills that we look for:
- Recognizing team members’ strengths, weaknesses and motivations to help each individual improve. Skills like:
- One who can make decisions quickly with the information they have
- Build and maintain a strong and collaborative team of individuals working toward the same goal.
- Having integrity as a leader not only encourages the most truthful and fair outcome but also sets a positive example for your team. Person with integrity normally has these skills:
- Good leaders are skilled at problem-solving issues that arise
- An eager to learn
Dependability / Reliability
- Being a dependable leader means that people can trust and rely on you.
Ability to teach and mentor others
Good at communication (written/spoken), recognition & feedback.