Job title: Concept Artist
Hours: Full Time
Location: Fully remote. This opportunity is open to you if you can legally work remotely from the Philippines.
At Play’n GO we enjoy a flexible freedom to shape our own days. Everyone we hire is unique and every role we fill has certain performance expectations. The day-to-day challenges of work and life will be unique to you but our commitment to helping you find a balance will never vary.
From the GO
At Play’n GO our purpose is to entertain. Our pleasure is in working with people ready to make a difference that lasts. We are pioneers. We were the first entertainment supplier to recognise the potential of gaming on the GO and create the innovative mobile games which supercharged our industry and inspired our name. Today, Play’n GO is the leading gaming entertainment supplier to casinos in regulated markets the world over. And we are still growing.
With growth comes opportunity. This could be yours. Are you ready to help us face challenges and find solutions that get us both to the next level of excellence?
What the role entails
Some of the key responsibilities of our Concept Artist:
- Responsible for fulfilling the direction of the Art Director
- Maintain a consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required
- Support the Art Director in providing paint-over feedback
- Set and share best practices, knowledge of production pipelines and effective workflows within the teams
- Establish a reference for the Art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues
- Support the Lead and ensure a successful sign-off process for your own work and the work of others by critiquing work and providing suitable feedback
- Effectively communicate complex visual intentions to the wider Art team
- Contribute to planning regularly
- Experienced Individual Contributor that can work with minimal supervision
- Create game assets such as the contents of the game's mock-ups
- Produce required concepts and layouts
- Provide paint-overs when necessary
- Assist in establishing the style of the project and references for all the elements included in the art production, such as environments, characters, user interfaces and symbols
- Share knowledge with the artists within the project team
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm the task direction and ensure the consistency of work within the team
- Produce concept art and in-game mock-ups
- Support the Art Director and/or Art Leads in any related ad hoc tasks
- Support Game Designers in storyboard creation and collaborate with the developers to storyboard, provide mock-ups and previsualization during the early stages of game development
- Provide storyboard and marketing mock-ups for the Art Director
- Provide updates through daily work logs and feedback using Shotgrid
- Upload daily previews, task workflow status, and use asset tagging
- Able to model and/or sculpt 3D block outs for 2D concept art.
What we ask of you
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work in a team environment
- Excellent drawing skills
- Excellent design skills, ideation, sketching, and pre-production conceptual work
- In-depth anatomical skills
- In-depth architectural knowledge
- Solid knowledge of fundamental illustration skills such as composition, perspective and colour theory
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong knowledge of form, use of detail and visual storytelling
- Solid digital illustration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience in creating style guides
- Experience in storyboarding
- Experience working with 3D software
- Minimum of 5 years experience as concept artist
- A degree in design, illustration or related training and/or experience
- Experience working in the casino iGaming industry is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
If you feel great, you’ll do great. Our employees know that their package of benefits, activities, and initiatives are some of the most generous in the industry. From challenges to chill outs, the fun we share at play helps inspire excellence from the go.
Apply now to find out more. It’s your best move. This opportunity will remain open until we meet the right candidate.
GO for it.
We believe the way forward relies on well-regulated gaming and player safety. Our commitment to this sets the standard for our industry.