Job title: Front-end Game Developer
Hours: Full Time
Location: Fully remote. This opportunity is open to you if you can legally work remotely from one of our home countries in the Sweden, Malta, Hungary, Spain, Poland, or the Philippines.
At Play’n GO we enjoy a flexible freedom to shape our own days. Everyone we hire is unique and every role we fill has certain performance expectations. The day-to-day challenges of work and life will be unique to you but our commitment to helping you find a balance will never vary.
From the GO
At Play’n GO our purpose is to entertain. Our pleasure is in working with people ready to make a difference that lasts. We are pioneers. We were the first entertainment supplier to recognise the potential of gaming on the GO and create the innovative mobile games which supercharged our industry and inspired our name. Today, Play’n GO is the leading gaming entertainment supplier to casinos in regulated markets the world over. And we are still growing.
With growth comes opportunity. This could be yours. Are you ready to help us face challenges and find solutions that get us both to the next level of excellence?
What the role entails
Some of the key responsibilities of our Front-end Game Developer will be:
- Conduct requirement analysis, break down and analyse the Game Design into achievable tasks
- Write code that fulfils the features specified in the Game Design
- Write code that fulfils the quality standard of the company
- Identify gaps and potential issues in the Game Design
- Create and maintain tools to automate and simplify the work as much as possible
- Keep code optimized, maintainable, and functional
- Write code that complies with the company’s programmers and style guide
- Maintain good and extensive documentation of how to perform the duties and tasks given
- Perform bug correction, identify and resolve bugs found at any step during the product lifecycle and work closely with Quality Assurance
- Remain educated and informed about the latest technology relevant to the product being developed
- Coach and educate colleagues
For you, this is more than a front-end role in game development. This is an opportunity to see your talent, experience, and best ideas developed with the quality expected of an international leader in gaming entertainment.
What we ask of you
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Knowledge of object-oriented principles
- Knowledge about performance optimization in graphics-heavy applications
- Experience implementing responsive design for mobile devices
- Knowledge of WebGL and/or OpenGL, especially shader programing
- Experience using Git
- Proficiency in English
- Worked previously in the game industry or had a hobby-game project
It would be a plus if you have:
- Used any of PixiJS, ThreeJS, and/or Spine libraries
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Animate and/or Photoshop
What’s in it for you?
If you feel great, you’ll do great. Our employees know that their package of benefits, activities, and initiatives are some of the most generous in the industry. From challenges to chill outs, the fun we share at play helps inspire excellence from the go.
Apply now to find out more. It’s your best move. This opportunity will remain open until we meet the right candidate.
GO for it.
We believe the way forward relies on well-regulated gaming and player safety. Our commitment to this sets the standard for our industry.