Play’n GO leads the global Gaming Entertainment industry with an unrivalled ability to play nice with others while supplying cutting-edge casino games and bespoke back-office solutions to casino operators. Thanks to our ever-passionate creative and technical chops, we keep growing.
We are looking for a 2D Game and Concept Artist to join our growing team in our Szeged office.*
- Establish the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI, Symbols, etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required and support Art Director in providing paint-over feedback;
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Plan, estimate and prioritize time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Produce concept art, in-game mockups, and finish game assets;
- Effectively communicate complex visual intentions to the wider art team;
- Support the Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks;
- Support Game Designers in various tasks including mockups and previews in joing early stages in game development;
- Support Art Director with marketing assets when required;
- Should have good working knowledge of English, e.g. CEFR grade B2 or higher.
Are you game?
Do you have at least four years of experience? So far, so good.
To be the number-one candidate for this key position in Budapest or Szeged you must also be a motivated team player that understands the importance of detail and honesty and to never forget the smile at home
We love a good game.
As a key part of our multi-national team, your English language skills are helpful and important here, too. Even if you sometimes work independently, your ability to communicate across borders and cultures makes you one of us.
- 4 years minimum experience in concept art and highly detailed illustration
- Experience working within the casino games industry is a plus
- 3D software experience is also an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop
- Solid digital illustration skills with a high degree in finish:
- Excellent drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles, and use of visual story telling
- Good Experience in making a style guide
- Storyboarding experience
- In-depth anatomical and architectural knowledge
- Solid knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong observation and research skills
Get in here. We need your mojo, your moxie and your beautiful mind. You were made to make a difference and you can do that here. You will be rewarded with challenges. You will thrive in secret and in collaboration. Together, we will amplify enthusiasm, add skillsets and exceed expectations. And quickly. This industry works fast.
Are you game? Tell us about your superpowers. Apply here: https://career.playngo.com/
Please note that the position will remain open until the right candidate crushes it.
*Covid-19 Update: Interviewing and hiring are still urgent for us. We’re growing. But many of us are working from home now. Safety is job one. Please note: Working from home is an option for this position beyond the pandemic.